Congratulations on your new website!
Doesn’t it feel great to have a new site? But what now?
Having a new website is the first, and very important, step in having a strong online presence. Here are the steps to follow now your site is live.
1. Bring people to your site
Now your website is live, you need to drive visitors to it. People visiting your site is what your business needs!
This will also bump you up the google index and make it easier for people to find the site.
Here are some suggestions:
- Use social media to bring people in! Create engaging posts that encourage people to link through, and share away. The more links from different sources, the better, so get your friends, family and co-workers all sharing your links.
- An email newsletter is a great way of letting your customers and clients know that you have a new website. Encourage them to link through by showcasing how your website will add value for them.
- Use word of mouth, add your website to business cards, at networking events. The old fashioned way still works well.
- Encourage related businesses to link across to your new site, perhaps in a blog post or in their social media. Or write your own blog posts or articles on reputable websites.
2. Get Reviews!
Online reviews are so important – it proves your brand’s credibility, and trustworthiness.
Here are some places to start:
- Google. Obvious, and worth it. Ensure you’ve got your business listed on google, link your website, and then send happy clients a link to your reviews page.
- Facebook. If you have a business page on Facebook, then encourage happy clients to post reviews on the page. Don’t forget to have a link from your page to your website – make it easy for people to click through.
- Trustpilot. You can create a free account, and make it easy for people to review you. I can then embed a tiny bit of code on your site, that allows visitors to view reviews, and makes it easy for clients to add reviews.
- Testimonials. Collect testimonials, and we can add them to your site.
3. Keep your site fresh!
We’ve just spent an intense few weeks and months building your site, so now we can just sit back and relax. Right?
Sorry, but it’s good to keep you site live and fresh, or google will think it’s a ‘dead’ site, and it’ll slip right down the rankings. Plus, you want potential clients to keep clicking back to your site.
So, what can we do?
Here are some places to start:
- Content. Regularly create new content, whether that’s blog posts, updating your services offer, updating the ‘about us’ and ‘team’ pages.
- Testimonials. So important, I cover it twice! Yep, adding a new testimonial to your site keeps it fresh and relevant. I don’t want to know if Jo Bloggs thought you were great in 2012, a lot has happened since then!
- Your information. Changed office location, added services or opening hours? Take 10 minutes out of your day to make sure these are accurate on your site.
- Stuck for fresh ideas? What about a freshen up of the colour scheme? Are you still rocking 2019’s coral? Let’s freshen the colours, and finally ditch those handwriting style fonts.
4. Keep your site secure
There a few back-end bits to keeping your website live and secure. From theme and plugin updates, to backups and security and speed checks, these need regular care and maintenance.
From just £40 a month, you can pass this regular care onto Web Alchemy, and we’ll do it all for you. We’ll give you peace of mind, and reassurance you don’t need to worry about technical issues.
We’d love your feedback on the site we built for you. Please take 5 minutes to share it via TrustPilot.
If you’re looking for a web designer who can truly reflect your brand and ethos through your website then look no further.
Helen has made setting up my website seem completely effortless and stress-free! From the outset she took measures to understand my needs thoroughly and kept me updated with her progress every step of the way.
Helen is a SEO expert and her advice has been fantastic.
I couldn’t be happier with my website, it’s already proved to bring in new clients and sales within two weeks of going live!